Scotmas Net Zero 2025 - Less Talk, More Action
01 November 2021
By John Cove
Perhaps we have become cynical, but as the COP26 conference continues in Glasgow we’re becoming a little fed up of politicians, activists and aspiring “thought leaders” clamouring for airtime to talk about climate change.
There is plenty of talk about “strategies”, “goals” and “20 year plans”, but will they actually commit to Net Zero by 2050 and limit warming to 1.5C at COP26?
At Scotmas, we're interested in less talking and much more action! So, what have we done?
- The business has formally committed to a target of achieving Net Zero by 2025.
- Actions already taken to support this target include:
- Our key technology is Chlorine Dioxide - no harmful by products.
- Zero Waste Scotland audit to identify areas for savings. Click the Zero Waste Scotland logo to read the Scotmas case study.
- Annual commitment to mapping and recording our carbon footprint.
- All fleet cars are now full EV, vans next!
- Replacement of gas heating with air source heat pumps.
- Solar panel installation. 85KWP is installed with the infrastructure to double scheme size.
- Bottle blowing in the U.K. to avoid shipping plastic bottles from China.
- Electric vehicle leasing scheme for staff and free workplace charging.
- Bike To Work scheme for staff.
- New disinfectant line, replacing liquid products with concentrated dissolvable tablets.
Click the image to view the infographic in pdf format.
The time for talking is past. The time for action is now!
Click here to see our completed 85 kWp solar panel installation.